Wednesday 20 February 2013

More Séarlait McCrea stuff

Business Cards
Type one, a:
Screen printing the front and back onto GFSmith white and off-white 280gsm stock. The same colour for front and back, either teal or deep purple.
Type one, b:
Screen printing the back info onto GFSmith white and off-white 280gsm stock. Embossing Séarlait's logo onto the front. 
However I spoke to Niel at Vernon St and he thinks the logo is too thin to emboss well. 

Type two, a:
Screen printing the info side onto GFSmith stock (seen above), either teal or deep purple. The front will be embossed selections of Séarlait McCrea typeface (see design below). 
Type two, b:
Screen printing the info side onto the back of Teal, Grey and Purple mout board, either teal or deep purple. The front will be embossed selections of Séarlait McCrea typeface (see design below). Fitting the business cards in with the branding of the mail-outs (these explorational hidden typeface (below) will be used on the mail outs.

Example of the first page of a mail out
 First experiments for the covers of Séarlait's mail out / layout plans.
The plan is to screen print this design. But if Séarlait wants everything to be easily made we should didgitally print it. I think the bright colours would add a completely different feel to the branding than using just black and off white stock.... I think maybe it should look more natural and less... 'hipster and on trend'.



Example of notebooks / Diarys
Less is more. I think we need less pattern... maybe text on the front. and DEFINATLY a more considered grid.... This is very rough, just for the crit so people can understand what the final outcome will sort of look like.
Séarlait's Feedback
I am unsure about the front cover, as I think it looks very hipster... but from Séarlait's comments she likes the style. I'm glas she likes the style. I think I want to experiment with format. I will create a full grid structure and also re think the use of fragmentes typeface in the background of the publication. I am waiting for Séarlait to give me more photographs and information about her final 3 outcomes.
I will create 2 mail outs: the 1st is a mail out to a studio aiming to get a placement, or job. The 2nd is a printed portfolio, to show case Séarlait's design. This is her favourite mail out cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment