Wednesday 16 January 2013

16th January: Feedback from the Crit

The Crit set up
I was worried about the cirt when everybody else started presenting their briefs, I realised my briefs at the moment are very un-completed. But after talking I feel like I'm really excited about getting stuck in! Amber made us write down our briefs as we spoke and define: what they are about, the audience and how we could change them if needed. Below is what I have found out.

Original
New
Brief #1
Investigating Typeface design within branding small businesses (students) including Art and Cultural Clients.
The original brief has 3 brands in one brief but this seemed too much.
Splitting this brief into different briefs for each branding I do:
Searlait: Woodwork
Hannah R: Textile Surface Pattern
Becci Short: Photography
Brief #2
Informational and Educational design for chosen random topics. Including styled Posters. Becoming an expert on something new.
Find a good topic
Audience lead
Need to find content
Brief #3
Exploring Web Design and coding for small businesses
Needs to link in with the separate branding now
Mixing this with the new individual branding briefs because if not the briefs interlock too much and it would be easy to loose dirrection what I need to do for each of my brandings.
Brief #4
ISTD Books Still. Publication Design exploring contemporary trends using a subject of my choice
Research driven, need to pick a good topic
Context - don't write myself find a subject that has a lot of info
Culture around the work?
Juxtaposition with the contemporary books... could use a old subject.
Many use something futuristic? Utopianism? Utopian places to live? Island Lasqueti
Brief #5
D&AD Make your Mark: Contacting your dream employer.
A good idea, a lot of people agreed and what to do the same
Studios contact
Make my website before
Branding PPD - Now
A great Idea
Brief #6
Design Context: Looking to contact a design studio or a freelancer in each country in the world.
The original brief has 3 brands in one brief but this seemed too much.
Need to figure out what I will say.
Who will I contact?

Visual Identity for Leeds Graduate Fashion Show 2013.
Hopefully I'll find out soon
Pitch for the GD Yearbook and get to design a printed one, preferably: Fine Art, Photography or Inter Dis
Find out who gets what brief on the 18th January
Additional Brief #1
Releasing ECELECTIC EP names ‘Inauguration’ limited to 50 printed copies

No comments:

Post a Comment