Wednesday 30 January 2013

Hannah's Pineapple

Creating the Pineapple logo and Developing the type
Hannah sent me these 2 drawings of a pineapple. after discussing she wanted a type Hannah Rampley logo to be used along side or in separate situations as a pineapple vector illustration logo. I will create different vectors of Hannah's drawings and the best will be used as a massive part of her identity.
I love Hannah's drawings and style. Here's to hoping I do it justice.
There is no way that we could create a stylish simple logo by tracing hannah's drawing (see below). I will simplify the outline and top whilst maintaining the inside content.
I emailed Hannah with the two images above to see which direction she wanted to take the logo. I feel that because her practice is pattern heavy, the logo should be simple but legible placed over Hannah's patterns. She first mentioned pineapple 1, because she liked the pattern, this is a dirrect interpretation from her illustration. Pineapple 2, she liked because it is simple but bold enough to stand out on top of her patterns. Pineapple 3 because it is simple. 
I prefer pineapple 3 and will work on creating a bold block logo that could be used on reverse as a line drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment