Tuesday 22 January 2013

Séarlait's Branding

Starting the Brand
Time has been slipping away and I don't want to get left behind. Monday and today until 4pm I was making my business cards at Veron St. I'm meeting Séarlait on Thursday at about 3pm, but tomorrow I have my dissertation meeting and Thursday morn I have a FMP one to one and my Disc Volunteering.
For the rest of tonight I will make over 30 initial brands, drawn and developed.
I have broken these down further into 5 strong different applications of the brand. All of the brand is based on Séarlait's practice of exploration and playfulness. Different outcomes will be proposed. I am keeping everything very open so she can give me her opinion and combine several options together is she wants.
For Thursday I need 6 x A3 boards.
Tonight I begin!!!
I originally had 5 concepts, I cut it to 3, as these ideas are all very different and can be combined to create more ideas. I'm proud of my designs for a days work it's pretty good.
Here's what I left out: 
Idea #4
The same as ideas 2 and 3, the type is simple. Proposed to be used on a stamp on all outcomes, so Séarlait can use it herself, long after this brief is over. Every outcome from this branding is interactive and playful, colour schemes can be changed and ideas of how interactive each item is can be developed. Everything can be moved into something else. 

Idea #5
The typeface would be a simple sans serif. The idea behind this branding is the use of geometric shapes used as windows to ambiguous photographs of Séarlait’s design. The images can be changed long after this brief. This is based on Exploration and showcasing Séarlait’s design practice.

Here's my final PFD I will print off for meeting Séarlait tomorrow:

No comments:

Post a Comment