Friday 1 February 2013

Hannah's Logo

Looking at colour schemes
When I last spoke to Hannah she said she loves the colour pink and wanted to used it with black for a simple colour scheme. I look examples of her design and took colours that are most prominent. I was unsure to use these images of go with a complete contrast, as we will place the logo over her patterns (using a similar colour would make it impossible to use).
The Pineapple and Type
Continuing with the Pineapple logo and mixing in colour with the logo type. I took each pineapple logo that Hannah said she liked and tried to expand and put into context. I feel like these first lot do not fit well together, the type and image seem miss-matched and completely separate.
I then tried a block approach to creating the pineapple image, the illustration needs to be thick (as said above) because it has to stand on top of Hannah's patterns. I created a more geometric top to make the logo more stylised and angular to fit in with the type, but also to add character and not to look just like a copy from a drawing.
I then felt like this logo needed a pattern. These outcomes I like a lot, but I am unsure whether Hannah will, I think they look very trendy, but I'm not sure if this is the look hannah wanted.
I took the type I used before (above image) and tired the illustration and typ together by mirroring the pattern on the pineapple by using the tilted squares. I think both logo and type below fit perfectly. I personally prefer all the colours paired with grey. My favourite secondary colours are surprisingly the pink dark grey and green. I think the yellow is to obvious.
I arranged all the logos above into a pdf and sent it the Hannah with the email shown below.

No comments:

Post a Comment